Little Alchemist developed by Chinzilla, published by Kongregate
Chinzilla, an independent game studio, created the addictive game Little Alchemist and published the app with leading mobile game publisher and web gaming portal, Kongregate. The duo were interested in a monetization solution that would boost its app revenue and enhance the user’s gaming experience.
Gain a revenue source by monetizing users with a rewarding, user-initiated ad unit
Provide an alternative payment method for paying users
Obtain incremental revenue from non-paying users
Little Alchemist integrated ironSource’s Offerwall and placed it prominently in the game’s store.
- Provides a fully opt-in ad experience
- Presents users with engaging offers in exchange for free virtual currency
- Includes in-depth user metrics on the ironSource dashboard to measure the ad unit’s performance
Rewarded ad units like the ironSource Offerwall are boosting in-app purchases and engagement by giving users access to valuable app content for free. The Offerwall gives new and established players a taste of in-app goods and keeps them coming back for more!
“The ironSource Offerwall has proven its value in Little Alchemist and a number of other Kongregate games. It’s important to track user level metrics to ensure everything is having the desired impact, but we’ve seen positive results consistently across a number of games. Offerwalls are becoming a standard component of Kongregate titles that have the economies to support them. ”
Sr. Marketing Director, Kongregate
more in-app purchases from non-paying users
more in-app purchases from paying users
The ironSource Offerwall affected Little Alchemist’s users’ buying behavior; the ad unit drove incremental revenue to the game from both its non-paying and paying users.
- Non-paying users who interacted with the Offerwall were 4.5x more likely to convert to paying users than non-payers who didn’t engage with the ad unit.
- Paying players rewarded with gems through the Offerwall, had a 26% higher Average Revenue per User and made 19% more purchases in comparison to paying players who didn’t engage with the ad unit.
In-App Purchases from Paying Users Increase Following Offerwall Engagement
“ironSource’s Offerwall has proven to be incredibly valuable in growing revenue within Little Alchemist. Initially, we were concerned about the negative impact to retention and cannibalization but retention is steady and overall monetization has improved! ”