As Senior Marketing Manager handling user acquisition at leading game publisher Kongregate, Linh Tijan has a huge amount of experience in how to optimize UA campaigns. Kongregate is behind hugely popular games such as AdVenture Capitalist, Animation Throwdown and Pocket..
We know we’re not the only ones who promised to start eating healthier this new year, and ordered a Big Mac for lunch just four days into 2017. But if you make grand resolutions like we did, there’s no promising it’ll actually get done.
Instead, the team at ironSource thought long and hard about small tasks app developers can easily check off their new year’s resolution list that will still have a big impact on their app business.
Here are 10 small tasks app developers can do to boost their app business in 2017.
1. Apply for Google Early Access. Who knows, you could be featured and get some free pre-launch publicity.
2. A/B test your app icon. After all, it’s the first thing potential users see.
3. Try getting your app featured on Google Play. It’s not as hard as you think.
4. Do something about those negative app reviews.
5. Check out this month’s Fastest Growing Apps as inspiration for your next big break on the Play Store.
6. Start mapping out your soft launch. What country should you launch in first? Netherlands or APAC?
7. Add rewarded videos to your monetization strategy. They increase app revenue by 20% to 40% according to recent studies.
8. Consider creating a lite version of your app. There is high smartphone penetration in emerging markets like India, Latin America, and Southeast Asia, but mobile infrastructure is still relatively young and underdeveloped. Lite apps are a great solution to accessing this growing pool of mobile users.
9. Shift to a retention marketing strategy to wake up those dormant users of yours.
10. Make sure you’re using deep links. They’re very important in today’s mobile world.